AMERICORPS STATE GRANTS
Consider AmeriCorps for Your Community! The Georgia Commission for Service and Volunteerism is excited to release the FY2017 AmeriCorps State Request for Proposals.
2017 RFP Georgia (PDF)
Deadline for Formula Applications: February 13, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
AmeriCorps State programs engage AmeriCorps members in direct service to provide solutions to critical community needs in the focus areas of Education, Environmental Stewardship, Economic Opportunity, Healthy Futures, Veterans and Military Families. AmeriCorps members commit to a year of service, earn a living allowance and qualify for student loan deferment, and may receive health insurance and child care assistance. At the completion of service, AmeriCorps members receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training or to repay student loans. AmeriCorps member activities include tutoring and mentoring youth, coastal restoration, job training and placement, disability inclusion and disaster preparedness and response. AmeriCorps members also mobilize community volunteers and strengthen the capacity of the organizations where they serve.
AmeriCorps is a program funded by the U.S. Congress under the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance number 94.006. The national public/private partnership supporting AmeriCorps is the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). For more information about the CNCS and national AmeriCorps programs visit www.nationalservice.gov/.
Organizations eligible for the AmeriCorps grant are non-profits [501(C)3], colleges/universities, and local governments in Georgia. For profit organizations are not eligible to apply. The applicant must be an organization that mobilizes people and resources to deliver creative solutions to community problems.
AmeriCorps grant funding is highly competitive and involves a state review and approval of grant applications followed by a final federal approval. The process can be tedious but the rewards are tremendous! Be sure to follow the steps listed below:
1. Learn about AmeriCorps programs. Helpful websites include www.americorps.gov .There are different types of AmeriCorps programs but this funding through the Georgia commission will support AmeriCorps State programs.
2. Attend a GCSV AmeriCorps Application Workshop and review the CNCS Technical Assistance resources to understand the application and funding process and program expectations. Register to attend an AmeriCorps Application Workshop provided by GCSV staff in Atlanta and Albany. All applicants are strongly encouraged to attend at least one of the workshops. Registration is required to attend.
Georgia Workshop Registration
GCSV NOFO Workshop Presentations
PLEASE NOTE: To request Voice Over/Audio versions of these presentations, please send request to AmeriCorpsGA@dca.ga.gov with “AC Voiceover” in the subject line. Georgia AmeriCorps Application Overview (PDF)
Program Design (PDF)
Performance Measures (PDF)
Budget Preparation (PDF)
Also, applicants should carefully review the CNCS Technical Assistance resources link below. This link includes helpful documents and call recordings for those interested in applying for AmeriCorps funding
CNCS Technical Assistance Documents and Replay of Calls
3. Develop a Complete AmeriCorps Application - - Review the following documents for the 2017-2018 NOFO and Application Instructions. The application instruction packet includes directions for new, re-competing, and continuation applications. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed
AmeriCorps State and National Grants FY 2017 Resources
The following link includes CNCS information and documents such as the funding announcement, glossary, and technical assistance information. [Please note: Applications for Georgia funding will be considered “State Applicants” in the CNCS material below. Refer to the deadlines in the Georgia Application Instructions document.]
AmeriCorps State and National Grants FY 2017
Formula Funding Opportunity Timeline
• Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply (New Applicants Only) - Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 5:00 pm
• Deadline to submit Formula Applications - Friday, February 13, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Notice of Intent to Apply (PDF) – New Applicants Only
National Direct – please submit Consultation Form (MS Word)
For further information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*AmeriCorps programs operate for 10- 12 months
*AmeriCorps grants are contingent upon funding availability. The timeline may change without notice.
The Georgia Commission for Service and Volunteerism is Supported by: